SARASOTA — The state’s approach to mental health treatment still needs considerable improvement, local lawmakers said Wednesday during a Sarasota Tiger Bay forum.
“I was very disappointed with what little we did” on mental health, state Sen. Nancy Detert told the crowd at Michael’s on East gathered for an update on the two-month legislative session that ended in March.
Detert said the mental health policy changes approved by the Legislature did Read More
- Sarasota County: Funding set aside for mental-health diversion court
- US Surgeon General: Addiction An Illness, Not A Moral Failing
- A groundbreaking partnership for the mentally ill breaks ground in Sarasota
- HHS: Medicaid Expansion Could Bolster Treatment For Mental Health, Substance Abuse
- Florida Governor Backs Mental Health Changes For Courts