Due to the circumstances of the current COVID-19 public health emergency, some of our NAMI Connection support groups have been moved online. Please see changes listed below.
NAMI Connection will meet online:
• Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 6-7:30pm. Zoom Meeting ID: 202-455-533. Zoom
• Every Thursday, 6-7:30pm. Zoom Meeting ID: 871-4261-7389. Zoom
• Just added! Every 1st & 3rd Monday, 6-7:30pm. Zoom Meeting ID: 873-9311-3964. Zoom (Manatee County Group)
Joining via Zoom.
Visit Zoom.us, click on “join a meeting” in the top menu bar, and enter meeting ID.
NAMI Connection will meet in person: PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN LOCATION
• Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday
Arbor Village Apartments – Community Room
2901 Fruitville Rd,
Sarasota, FL 34237
(Face masks will be required for in-person groups)
***NAMI Sarasota and Manatee Counties continues to follow the recommended CDC guidelines. All participants and facilitators will be required to wear a face mask. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
A support group for adults living with mental illness and working towards recovery.
In this free, peer-led group, participants will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. It’s led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
What you’ll gain:
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion, and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive yourself and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is held:
Every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays in Sarasota
Community Assisted and Supported Living (CASL) Community Room
2911 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34237
View on Google Maps.
Just added! Every 1st & 3rd Mondays (online)