Due to the circumstances of the current COVID-19 public health emergency, our NAMI Connection support groups have been moved online. Please see changes listed below.
NAMI Connection will meet online every Tuesday and Thursday, 6-7:30pm.
Join via Zoom.
Visit Zoom.us, click on “join a meeting” in the top menu bar, and enter meeting ID: 202-455-533.
A support group for adults living with mental illness and working towards recovery.
In this free, peer-led group, participants will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. It’s led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
What you’ll gain:
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion, and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive yourself and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is held:
Every Tuesday in Sarasota
Mental Health Community Center (Prospect House)
240 S Tuttle Ave # B
Sarasota Conference Room
Sarasota, FL 34237
View on Google Maps.