NAMI Family & Friends
NAMI Family & Friends is a free 90-minute seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support.
What You’ll Learn
The seminar is led by trained people with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics.
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and community resources
Sign Up For A Seminar
To register for NAMI Sarasota County’s next Family & Friends Seminar…
Contact us at info@NAMISarasotaCounty.org or 941-376-9361.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on upcoming classes.
And please check our website calendar (community events) for seminar dates and times.
The NAMI Family & Friends companion eBook provides important information about mental health conditions including: conditions and diagnoses, treatment and recovery, crisis planning, resources and more. You can download it for free at Amazon and Barnes & Noble where select languages are available for the Kindle, Nook and compatible ebook apps.
- Barnes & Noble
- Compressed Epub or Mobi files (English)
- Compressed Epub or Mobi files (Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Spanish and Vietnamese)