The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a free 8-week course for family and caregivers of individuals with severe mental illnesses.
- The course is taught by trained family members
- All instruction and course materials are free to class participants
- Over 300,000 family members have graduated from this national program
What does the course include?
- Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services.
Sign Up For A Class
To register for NAMI Sarasota and Manatee Counties next NAMI Family-to-Family class:
Contact us at info@NAMISarasotaCounty.org or 941-376-9361.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on upcoming classes.
Please check our website calendar for class dates and times.
To sign up to be waitlisted for the next class please fill out the form below.