The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a free 12-week course for family and caregivers of individuals with severe mental illnesses.
- The course is taught by trained family members
- All instruction and course materials are free to class participants
- Over 300,000 family members have graduated from this national program
What does the course include?
- Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services.
Sign Up For A Class
To register for NAMI Sarasota County’s next NAMI Family-to-Family class…
Contact us at info@NAMISarasotaCounty.org or 941-376-9361.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on upcoming classes.
Please check our website calendar for class dates and times.
And check below for upcoming classes.
September 26th, 2019, 7:00pm – 9:30pm, 12 week session.
First Presbyterian Church
2050 Oak St.
Sarasota, FL 34237
To register for the class series beginning September 26th please fill out the form below.