Resources and COVID-19 Information
We’ve compiled a number of helpful resources for residents of Sarasota County who either live with mental illness or love someone who does. Click on the links below to view our compilations.
“We recognize that people affected by mental illness face additional challenges dealing with COVID-19. Now, more than ever, it’s important to remember that there is no health without mental health. During these difficult times, we encourage you to take care of yourselves and check in on loved ones. You are not alone, and we will get through this together.”
—Daniel H. Gillison, Jr., NAMI CEO
NAMI released the NAMI COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide to answer frequently asked questions regarding the intersection between Coronavirus, or COVID-19, and people affected by mental illness, their caregivers and loved ones. The guide features FAQs on a variety of topics from managing anxiety and social isolation to accessing health care and medications. There are also multiple behavioral health organizations with resources available.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Mental health and COVID-19
- Active Minds: Mental health amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Child Mind Institute: Supporting families during COVID-19
- Crisis Text Line: COVID-19 update
- The Flawless Foundation: Flawless resources during COVID-19
- The Jed Foundation: COVID-19 tips & resources
- Mental Health America: COVID-19
- NAMI National: NAMI updates on the coronavirus
- National Council for Behavioral Health: Resources for addressing COVID-19
- Psych Hub: COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub
- Schizophrenia And Related Disorders Alliance of America: Going digital – Psychosis Support & Acceptance (SA) and Families For Care (FFC) Conference Call Support Groups
Additionally, NAMI Sarasota has compiled resources from local providers on their policies and protocols during this time, and below is also a link to the Department of Children and Families resources/information.
Centerstone Florida, a local behavioral health provider, has started a 24-hour CareLine. For more information see below.
Please see information from Serenity Place and Transitions at Doctor’s Hospital
Please see below information regarding Tidewell Hospice Support