By volunteering for NAMI Sarasota County, you can have major positive impact. And just look at all the ways you can help right now!
- FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP FACILITATOR. Family Support Group facilitator training is required, and you must have had a family member with mental illness.
- CONNECTION CONSUMER RECOVERY SUPPORT GROUP FACILITATOR. We’re seeking people living with mental illness and in recovery who have gone through Connection facilitator training.
- PEER-TO-PEER CLASS TEACHER. You must have taken Peer-to-Peer facilitator training and be a person living with mental illness in recovery.
- PROGRAM COORDINATOR FOR OUR FAMILY AND CONSUMER EDUCATION AND SUPPORT PROGRAMS. Plan, implement, and help facilitators administer programs. You need to be willing to take the lead, but don’t necessarily have to be a trained facilitator.
- SPECIAL EVENTS AND FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR. Be the point person on an event that raises awareness and helps build our funds.
- FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBER. Have great ideas for events? Or grant-writing skills? You could help our Special Events Coordinator plan and oversee successful events with other volunteers.
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR. Recruit and track volunteers, and identify areas where they can best be utilized. Maintain a contact list and continually make contact with new volunteers so they can be matched to the best ways to help us.
- CLASS MATERIALS ORGANIZER. Help with ordering, copying, and assembling materials, and coordinating with facilitators to get materials to them in a timely manner. (Other volunteers are ready to help.)
- INFORMATION AND REFERRAL VOLUNTEER. We need someone familiar with NAMI programs and community resources willing to respond to NAMI phone calls and emails.
- BOARD OR COMMITTEE MEMBER. Committees include: Communication, Awareness, Fundraising, and Programs.
Want to help? Call us at 941.376.9361 or info@NAMISarasotaCounty.org today and tell us whether any of the above roles interests you. Or if you have another way you’d be willing to help NAMI Sarasota County, please let us know! Thank you!